Friday, April 30, 2010

Free comes with a Price

Steve wanted a couch, and he wanted this one real bad, because it was FREE and just down the street. When he went to get it, it was already spoken for and he came back devastated. Due to other free stuff he went back down the street and ran into the man who got the couch and LucKy Us he didnt want it anymore.



So we got the couch and wheeled it down the street to our apartment and I'd like to say through the front door.... but it didnt fit. Again Steve was devasted

So he did what any man would do, spent the next 4 hours taking the whole thing apart on the sidewalk


We got it through the door, and it was really hard to get it down the stairs, I held one end and sat on my butt and scooted down each step like a little child (not fun)




This is where the whole "Free comes with a Price" part comes in. The whole process took Steve 8 hours.





The final product, which doubles as bed, most likely your bed if you'd come visit










3 comments:

  1. Way to go Steve! It looks like a cute couch! And you can't be free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that just ANY guy would take apart a couch to get it inside...I think Stephen is just a little bit more ambitious than most especially when it involves freebies! The final product looks awesome! I got a good laugh out of just picturing you two shimmy that sucker in your door...hahaha...I would have liked to watch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is the couch I heard so much about. It looks good. I hope I will be able to see it in person one day.

    ReplyDelete