Saturday, July 3, 2010

Poem People

Turns out Mr. Wood and I seem to have become Poem People. For our anniversary we both wrote poems for eachother, which is kind of funny and maybe a little embarrassing at the same time. There are a couple "inside jokes" in them but I figured I'd post mine cuz I posted his. Readers be aware that Steve and I do not consider ourselves "skilled" Poem People.


I can't believe a years gone by
Marriage, Brooklyn, Pa School, and an occasional cry
You've been there for me without a doubt
Regardless of my moods and constant pout
You'd still get up and make my lunch
Take my bike out, print my notes, and shop a bunch
8 hours of school made me a unhappy camper
Still you'd make me dinner, rub my feet, etc I got pampered
Did I mention all the cleaning you did
Laundry, dishes, vacuum, or sweep instead
My personal assistant you truly were
Heck you still are... man did I score
Speaking of "score" you'd get lucky
But really "quack quack" I'm the lucky ducky
I look back at this year and it's been the best
(Minus PA school and all the stress)
You're all that I wanted and needed and more
Being married to you opened the door
I've realized how blessed I truly am
To have married such an amazing man

So I made him a picnic blanket and napkins to go with this awesome backpack. I had a great surprise date planned that involved a picnic and movie in the park and then that morning I got the kidney stone. When I got out of the hospital instead I surprised him with a picnic on our bedroom floor...... it just wasn't the same





No comments:

Post a Comment