Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Should we STAY or should we GO

I cant believe we have been here for almost 2 years. Way back when (as in before we moved here) we thought we might stick around for 5 years, but then with the student life, cost of rent, winters, etc we couldn't wait to get out of here. And now that the end is near and spring is here (well almost) we are tempted to stay.

If we STAY- We could actually enjoy the city more because we'd have a income (a larger income that is) and more time, also I could get rocking PA experience in NYC (EX. although a gun shot wound is the same whether its in the Bronx or West Valley its just more likely in the Bronx). Plus we will never live here again, gotta take advantage.


If we GO- Where do we go? Its either St. George or Salt Lake. Steve still has some school to finish so the U or Dixie?(for all those Y fans, when Steve mentioned he might want to go there a little piece of my heart died, and a big piece of throw up almost happened) call me selfish, naive, immature but I prefer if you'd just call me a UTE FAN!

SO
St. George- My husband actually wants to live there (a HUGE bonus) as do I,

BUT................

A) If we move there it will likely be for the REST of OUR LIVES and that my friends scares me and feels like a pretty BIG commitment.

B) I'll be honest I dont know about Dixie,

although on the + side C) Most my fam is there and I'm behind on some major bonding and its where we eventually want to end up. I dont even need to mention the weather, outdoor activities, and amazing life we'd have cuz thats a given.


OR

Salt Lake-

A) Steve could go to the U and hopefully still work for Delta, we could ski/snowboard in the winter, travel, fun life aswell, etc.


B) We both have friends and family close.


and C) Were only thinking like 2-5 years there and then settle down in SG. Or what i really would like to do is move out of the country for a year and then settle down in SG (but I think that might be wishful thinking)


K, All right, So

Should we stay or should we go?

6 comments:

  1. tough decisions. I wish I had some advice . . . SL means closer to me! But I am sure you already figured that into the equation.

    Oh yeah, and Dixie is a great school, I wouldn't let that be a barrier. Plus it is definitely less expensive than the U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a loaded question!! Of course it would be fun to live in New York for a while longer because you might be able to enjoy it more. Perhaps Stephen could go to school out there somewhere?? I also think it would be cool if you moved to SLC if Stephen could transfer with delta because then you could still travel and have fun with that for a while longer and at the same time he could finish school if he wanted to. The St. George idea is fine if Stephen wants to go to Dixie but I don't know much about the school. It seems to me like it really depends on if Stephen wants to finish school or not and if so when. Once you are done Traci you will be able to get a job anywhere!!...lucky duck! If you are going to end up in St. George eventually then I wouldn't go there quite yet unless you are absolutely sure about it cause then you won't want to leave once you are there. Ha ha you guys have quite the decision to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote STAY! I mean really, this is a once in a lifetime deal. Once you leave the chances of going back are slim to none. Stay there... enjoy the adventure for a bit. Then move back once you've got your fix.

    As for when you come back SLC and St. George are both great options because I'd get to visit you either place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acutally, I really like the idea that you do not want to grow up and you know that I have a rocking basement, full kitchen, etc. etc. Of course, I would love to collect the rent money too. As far as where to live, either place is great. I think I prefer St. George because I will end up there too. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you figure things out...It makes it easier for us to give you advice!!! It sounds to me like you can't quite settle in St. George...you are way to young and energetic still to settle in for the rest of your lives. I think Steve needs to be the one to decide where he really wants to finish school and let that be the deciding factor...but really just from everything you said...maybe you should stick it out a little longer in NY cause I have been begging your mom to take me there and time has run out for us. Love ya, Aunt Treasa

    ReplyDelete
  6. st george! only because i am selfish and need more friends:)

    ReplyDelete